Friday, May 20, 2011

We are alive!

Hello I have been meaning to get back to posting some of our adventures. I have been swamped with getting our school year wrapped up. We are on the downhill slide!!!! Today Trent will be done with his school day today at noon. What a nice way to start the weekend.

Our last day of school will be on Friday next week. We are heading to Clarion when Nate gets off work, and we will be camping at my parents. I bought the biggest marshmallows I have ever seen in my life. I am so excited to use them!

Brooke has been a busy little bug. She is learning how to read and having a lot of fun with it. Trent uses a program called Reading Eggs. It is so good that we bought Brooke a 6 month subscription. I am sure she will be reading like her Aunt Emmy in no time!

I have been doing a lot of sewing and organizing to get ready for "Baby Jack". I broke my sewing machine while sewing William's quilt on Sunday. Nate spent 3hrs putting a replacement part and servicing my machine Wednesday night! What a man.

So, of course I had to try it out yesterday...I think I may have gone a bit overboard. I will post about that next and share some pictures of the end result.

I can't quilt because I need to order a new darning foot today online. The one I had was for my model machine, but it is what caused my machine to break. I will get that in the mail next week and finish quilting. Until then back to regular sewing projects.

I have a big list of things I want to sew or get done before July. I will post those so I have an extra motivator to plow through them. First on that list was organize the downstairs. It was picked up, but there were things shoved in drawers, basket, and on shelves. Wait till you see the pictures!

Okay, well I hope you all enjoy seeing what we have been up to. I will work on getting pictures up throughout the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment